- Announcement Date: September 10, 2013
- Release Date: September 20, 2013
- Operating System: iOS 7 (upgradable to iOS 12.5.5)
- Dimensions: 123.8 mm x 58.6 mm x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 112 grams
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Colors: Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- Type: Retina display, 4-inch widescreen Multi-Touch display
- Resolution: 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass with oleophobic coating
- Chipset: Apple A7
- CPU: Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)
- GPU: PowerVR G6430 (quad-core graphics)
- Internal Storage: 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB variants
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3
- Primary (Rear) Camera: 8-megapixel with autofocus, tap to focus, face detection, dual-LED “True Tone” flash, and panorama
- Video: 1080p HD recording at 30 fps, 720p HD recording at 120 fps (slow-motion video)
- Secondary (Front) Camera: 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Radio: No
- USB: 2.0 with dock connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted, Touch ID), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Voice Assistant: Siri
- Type: Non-removable Li-Po 1560 mAh battery
- Talk Time: Up to 10 hours on 3G
- Standby Time: Up to 250 hours
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price:
- Apple Order Number: ME305LL/A
- Discontinuation Date: March 21, 2016
- Initial Price:
- 16GB: $199 (with a two-year contract in the U.S.)
- 32GB: $299 (with a two-year contract in the U.S.)
- 64GB: $399 (with a two-year contract in the U.S.)
- The iPhone 5s was the first iPhone to introduce the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, integrated into the home button.
- It was powered by the Apple A7 chip, marking Apple’s transition to 64-bit processing in smartphones.
- The device also introduced the M7 motion coprocessor, which collected data from the phone’s accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- The iPhone 5s camera introduced several enhancements, including a larger aperture and the dual-LED “True Tone” flash.
- The iPhone 5s was the first model to be available in a gold color option.
The iPhone 5s, with its introduction of the Touch ID fingerprint sensor and 64-bit processing, showcased Apple’s commitment to both security and performance. The device’s enhanced camera capabilities and the introduction of the gold color option further solidified its position as a premium smartphone offering in the market.