- Announcement Date: September 10, 2013
- Release Date: September 20, 2013
- Operating System: iOS 7 (upgradable to iOS 10.3.3)
- Dimensions: 124.4 mm x 59.2 mm x 9 mm
- Weight: 132 grams
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Colors: White, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 4.0 inches
- Resolution: 640 x 1136 pixels (~326 ppi density)
- Chipset: Apple A6 (32 nm)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.3 GHz Swift (ARM v7-based)
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 543MP3 (triple-core graphics)
- Internal Storage: 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB variants
- RAM: 1 GB
- Primary (Rear) Camera: 8 MP, f/2.4, with LED flash, panorama, and HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Secondary (Front) Camera: 1.2 MP, with face detection and FaceTime capabilities
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 1510 mAh, non-removable
- Talk Time: Up to 10 hours on 3G
- Standby Time: Up to 250 hours
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price:
- US$99 with 16GB of storage with a two-year contract
- US$199 with 32 GB of storage with a two-year contract
- Unlocked and contract free available for US$549 with 16GB
- Unlocked and contract free available for US$649 with 32GB
- The iPhone 5c 8 GB version was originally available free with a two-year contract.
- The iPhone 5c was introduced as a more colorful and affordable alternative to the iPhone 5s. It was available in five vibrant colors.
- The device had a plastic build, which was a departure from the aluminum build of other iPhones at the time.
- Despite its lower price point, the iPhone 5c packed many of the same features as the iPhone 5.
- The iPhone 5c was seen as Apple’s attempt to capture a broader market segment and appeal to consumers looking for a more budget-friendly iPhone option.